Many people make life bucket lists (I’m one of them!), but it’s always fun to make seasonal ones. It’s certainly easier to try to jam pack as much into the Christmas season as possible if we have a detailed list that we can check twice!
- Trim the tree.
- Go ice skating.
- See the lights at your local botanical garden. (If you live in the DMV area, I highly recommend Brookside Gardens, the Zoo Lights, or the Mormon Temple festival of lights!)
- Decorate a gingerbread house. (Tip: Use peanut butter for the glue to hold the house together instead of icing- I promise you’ll never turn back! It makes it stick way better and matches the color of the gingerbread!)
- See the decorations at a fancy hotel nearby. (This pic is from a couple years back with my lovely roomies at the Gaylord National!)
- Watch a Christmas movie. (Some of my faves include: Elf, Home Alone, Charlie Brown Christmas, Borrowed Hearts, 12 Dates of Christmas, Finding Father Christmas, The Santa Clause, It’s a Wonderful Life… I could name probably 20 more, but I’ll stop there :).)
- Go caroling in your neighborhood or local hospital.
- Donate Christmas gifts to those in need.
- Try every kind of Christmas beverage at Starbucks you can get your hands on.
- Get your picture taken with Santa. (You’re never too old!)
- Scour your town for the best decorated homes.
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Make homemade hot chocolate.
- Jam to some Christmas music (my personal favorites in a playlist here!)
- Volunteer and spread some cheer at a local hospital, nursing home, homeless shelter, etc.
- Go see a Christmas musical or ballet.
I may not get to all of these this Christmas season, but I’ll certainly try! How are you going to be spending this season? Be sure and check back next week for some fun Christmas outfit posts!